Volunteer for Nature with Biom in 2024
We are looking for 4 international volunteers to help save endangered bird populations and raise awareness about nature conservation in the period 15. 2. - 15. 12. 2024
This long-term volunteering opportunity within the European Solidarity Corps program provides you with a unique chance to explore hidden landscapes during ornithological fieldwork, learn about public education and awareness-raising, and build solidarity between people and nature while contributing to a number of crucial conservation projects.
Date: 15. 02. 2024 – 15. 12. 2024
Apply if you are:
- A young person 18 to 30 years old from the EU Member States or one of these countries;
- Enthusiastic about sharing your passion for nature;
- Interested in self-growth and promoting change in your community;
- Open-minded and ready to communicate with a wide range of people of all backgrounds;
- Interested in creating educational and promotional content about the nature conservation;
- Capable of living and working both independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible and dynamic, will be happy working irregular hours and moving between small communities within Croatia for the duration of the project;
- Reasonably physically fit, capable of working on rough, rocky, and steep terrain in all extremes of weather;
- Able to communicate in English or Croatian;
- Valid European driving license is desirable, but not essential.
- We encourage people with fewer opportunities (not in employment, education or training; facing educational, economic, cultural, health, social or geographical obstacles) to apply.
- Find out more about ESC and your eligibility here.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in nature conservation fieldwork and bird care activities;
- Organizing of and participation in educational, awareness-raising, and community building activities;
- Speaking and presenting in public;
- Assisting in development and implementation of volunteering activities;
- Creating educational and promotional content – biodiversity-related educational articles, infographics, and other content for social media and organization websites;
- Participating in day-to-day office tasks such as handling data, camera trap analysis, photo editing, graphic design, etc.;
- Developing an individual project.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Volunteer in motivational, dynamic, flexible, and friendly working environments;
- Set up a learning plan that fits your needs and interests;
- Participate in sessions on soft skills development;
- Learn about birds and nature conservation from our specialists;
- Develop communication, leadership, and organizational skills;
- Deliver creative events or online content for the promotion of nature conservation;
- Interact with a wide range of people from different countries and backgrounds;
- Travel around Croatia and learn the language during a course with native speaker.
- The volunteers will have a shared apartment in Zagreb throughout the whole activity period and also accommodation provided at every working location during the fieldwork activities. Many of these locations will be isolated or in very small communities of people.
- All travel costs relating to the project incurred by the volunteers will be reimbursed.
- The volunteers will get a pre-determined monthly allowance (pocket money) and money to cover their food expenses.
If you are interested, you can apply by completing the following two steps:
- Fill in online application form found here. After completing it, you will receive it in the PDF form on your email address.
- Send your CV and filled-in application form in PDF to email@example.com indicating that you are applying for the ‘Volunteer for nature with Biom’ project.
Application deadline is 16th of October 2023, 23:59.
We will contact only pre-selected candidates for an online interview, no later than on the 30th of October 2023.
Get more information here: Volunteer for Nature.