Volunteer for Nature – Spread Your Wings
Association Biom is looking for a volunteer to join their forces and help build a new generation of active youth in nature conservation in Croatia. We are offering learning experience in nature conservation, active citizenship and first-hand experience in one of the leading Croatian NGOs.
Long-term European Solidarity Corps Volunteering Project 01.04.2019. – 31 03.2020
Volunteer profile – if you are:
- communicative and open-minded
- responsible and independent
- nature-lover, love birds
- keen to develop skills in raising awareness on biodiversity crisis and environmental issues interested in creating educational and promotional content for the organisation
- interested in field-work and camping in Croatian nature parks and other protected areas
You are just the person we are looking for!
Spread your wings is a project aimed at raising capacities of the Croatian public for active participation in nature conservation activities. Through non-formal learning and volunteering we would like to empower the citizens to take charge and fight the biodiversity crises. Through promoting bird conservation and education you will be offered a chance to test your strengths and weaknesses, challenge yourself and spread your wings.
- Participation in educational and promotional activities
- Development of educational activities for children, organisations members and followers
- Organisation of volunteering and citizen science activities
- Coordination of international and local volunteers
- Creating educational and promotional content – biodiversity-related educational articles, infographics and other content for the web
- Developing an individual project
We are offering
- motivational, dynamic, flexible and friendly working environment
- expertise in nature conservation
- opportunity to build up your organisational and leadership skills
- opportunity to develop your writing and presentational skills
- creative tasks
Accommodation, food & transport arrangements
- You will be placed in a studio in the Zagreb City centre, 10 mins walking distance to the office and 5 mins walking distance of the main railway station. When you are going on field-work you will be sharing the accommodation conditions with your colleagues from Biom. Sometimes, it will mean you will be camping in pristine nature.
- You will be getting a monthly allowance and money for food expenses. You will have a kitchen available in your flat and in the office.
- You will be getting a bike to be able to roam around Zagreb
Trainings during the project
- On-arrival training, organized by the hosting organization
- On-arrival training, organized by the National Agency
- Mid-term training, organized by the National Agency
- Croatian language lessons
- Workshops related to the project activities
If you are interested, send your CV and motivation letter before 20. March 2019. to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are applying for the Spread Your Wings project. We will organize a skype interview with pre-selected candidates.
The project is supported by European Solidarity Corps and run by Croatian National Agency “Agencija za mobilnost i programe EU”.