International Waterbird Census and educational field trip
Association BIOM is helping the Croatian Society for Bird and Nature Protection (HDZPP) this year in coordinating the International Waterbird Census (IWC).
The official invitation with all of the necessary information in Croatian is on the link Zimsko prebrojavanje 2017 poziv. For information in English, or if you would like to participate in the count, you can contact the national or one of the regional coordinators:
- Tibor Mikuska, national coordinator [email protected]
- Miloš Martinović, regional coordinator for western Croatia [email protected]
- Goran Čižmešija, regional coordinator for northern Croatia [email protected]
- Ante Kodžoman, regional coordinator for Dalmatia and coastal Croatia [email protected]
- Adrian Tomik, regional coordinator for eastern Croatia [email protected]
After the fieldwork is done, it is necessary to enter the gathered data in the IWC Data Submission Form and send it to one of the coordinators.
In order to prepare you for this year’s count, we are organizing an educational field trip on Sunday 8.1.2017. on Blato gravelpit.
It is possible to get there by bus from the Sava bridge (lines no. 111, 112, 132, 164, 165), the stop is Petlja-ulaz. The buses usually don’t stop there, so tell the driver that’s where you need to get off. We are meeting at 8:00 AM and plan to stay until noon at the latest. We will cancel the field trip in the case of fog.
Contacts for the educational field trip are
See you on Sunday!